Type E Thermocouple Manufacture
We manufacture type E thermocouples to your specifications or as replacements to existing sensors. We have manufactured thermocouples for over 15 years and are solely focused on the design and manufacture of temperature sensors. Please call or email us to discuss your requirements.
Type E Thermocouple Designs
Thermocouples can come in a variety of designs suited to different applications. View the details of each type of design we offer for Type E.
- Mineral Insulated Type E – Metal sheath insulated with magnesium oxide powder also called MIMS.
- Cable/Wire Type E – Flexible sensors in PVC, PTFE or Glass Fibre. Many cold and hot-end designs.
- Type E with Metal Sheaths – High temperature design with metal protection sheath
- Type E Inserts – Rigid metal tubes commonly used in pocket, thermowell or head assemblies.
- Type E Elements – Basic elements for further assembly into sheaths or equipment.
Thermocouple Type E Technical Details
Type E has a very high EMF output of 68 µV/°C which provides a strong signal for instrumentation and a high accuracy. Type E is also non-magnetic. It is very rare thermocouple type and is not used as much as the other types of thermocouple.
Continuous: 0 to +800 °C
Short Term: -40 to +900 °C
Chromel (90%Ni, 10%Cr)
Constantan (55%Cu, 45%Ni)
- Tolerance Class 1
- -40 to +375 ± 1.5 °C
375 to 800 ± 0.004*[t]°C
- Tolerance Class 2
- -40 to +333 ± 2.5 °C
333 to 900 ± 0.0075*[t]°C
- IEC Colour Code
- BS Colour Code
- ANSI Colour Code