Type J Thermocouple Manufacture
We manufacture J type thermocouples to your specifications or as replacements to existing sensors. We have manufactured thermocouples for over 15 years and are solely focused on the design and manufacture of temperature sensors. Please call or email us to discuss your requirements.
Type J Thermocouple Designs
Thermocouples can come in a variety of designs suited to different applications. View the details of each type of design we offer for thermocouples Type J.
- Mineral Insulated Type J – Metal sheath insulated with magnesium oxide powder also called MIMS.
- Cable/Wire Type J – Flexible sensors in PVC, PTFE or Glass Fibre. Many cold and hot-end designs.
- Type J with Ceramic Sheaths – High temperature design with ceramic protection sheath
- Type J with Metal Sheaths – High temperature design with metal protection sheath
- Type J Inserts – Rigid metal tubes commonly used in pocket, thermowell or head assemblies.
- Type J Elements – Basic elements for further assembly into sheaths or equipment.
Thermocouple Type J Technical Details
Type J thermocouples are good in both reducing and oxidizing atmospheres. Type J has a slightly higher sensitivity than Type K at about 50 µV/°C.
J type thermocouple sensor is a very common type. It is most suited for lower temperatures than Type K at a similar cost.
J Type Thermocouple Temperature Range
Continuous: 0 to +700 °C
Short Term: -180 to +800 °C
Constantan (55%Cu, 45%Ni)
- Tolerance Class 1
- -40 to +375 ± 1.5 °C
375 to 750 ± 0.004*[t]°C
- Tolerance Class 2
- -40 to +333 ± 2.5 °C
333 to 750 ± 0.0075*[t]°C
- IEC Colour Code
- BS Colour Code
- ANSI Colour Code