Type K Thermocouple Manufacture
We manufacture K type thermocouples to your specifications or as replacements to existing sensors. We have manufactured thermocouples for over 15 years and are solely focused on the design and manufacture of temperature sensors. Please call or email us to discuss your requirements.
Type K Thermocouple Designs
K type thermocouples can come in a variety of designs suited to different applications. View the details of each type of design we offer for Type K.
- Mineral Insulated Type K – Metal sheath insulated with magnesium oxide powder also called MIMS.
- Cable/Wire Type K – Flexible sensors in PVC, PTFE or Glass Fibre. Many cold and hot-end designs.
- Type K with Ceramic Sheaths – High temperature design with ceramic protection sheath
- Type K with Metal Sheaths – High temperature design with metal protection sheath
- Type K Inserts – Rigid metal tubes commonly used in pocket, thermowell or head assemblies.
- Type K Elements – Basic elements for further assembly into sheaths or equipment.
Thermocouple Type K Technical Details
K type thermcouples are by far the most common thermocouple type in use. It is quite an inexpensive sensor and we can manufacture many different designs of this thermocouple type. Its range is common for many industrial processes and is the main base metal thermocouple before switching to a rare metal thermocouple. The high nickel content of Type K means it is a very stable sensor. Type K is unsuitable for reducing atmospheres unless it is protected by a sheath. It’s sensitivity is around 41 µV/°C.
Continuous: 0 to +1100 °C
Short Term: -180 to +1300 °C
Chromel (90%Ni, 10%Cr)
Alumel (95%NI, 2%Mg, 2%Al, 1%Si)
- Tolerance Class 1
- -40 to +375 ± 1.5 °C
375 to 1000 ± 0.004*[t]°C
- Tolerance Class 2
- -40 to +333 ± 2.5 °C
333 to 1200 ± 0.0075*[t]°C
- IEC Colour Code
- BS Colour Code
- ANSI Colour Code