Type N Thermocouple Manufacture
We manufacture N type thermocouples to your specifications or as replacements to existing sensors. We have manufactured thermocouples for over 15 years and are solely focused on the design and manufacture of temperature sensors. Please call or email us to discuss your requirements.
Type N Thermocouple Designs
The N type thermocouple range we offer is extensive suited to different applications. View the details of each type of design we offer for N type thermocouples.
- Mineral Insulated Type N – Metal sheath insulated with magnesium oxide powder also called MIMS.
- Cable/Wire Type N – Flexible sensors in PVC, PTFE or Glass Fibre. Many cold and hot-end designs.
- Type N with Ceramic Sheaths – High temperature design with ceramic protection sheath
- Type N with Metal Sheaths – High temperature design with metal protection sheath
- Type N Inserts – Rigid metal tubes commonly used in pocket, thermowell or head assemblies.
- Type N Elements – Basic elements for further assembly into sheaths or equipment.
Thermocouple Type N Technical Details
Thermocouple type N is a relativity new type that was made to be an alternative to Type K. It has high stability over time but is more costly than type K at similar temperature ranges. Its sensitivity is about 39 µV/°C, slightly lower compared to type K.
Continuous: 0 to +1100 °C
Short Term: -270 to +1300 °C
Nicrosil (84.1%Ni,14.4% Cr,1.4% Si,0.1% Mg)
Nisil (95.6%Ni, 4.4%Si)
- Tolerance Class 1
- -40 to +375 ± 1.5 °C
375 to 1000 ± 0.004*[t]°C
- Tolerance Class 2
- -40 to +333 ± 2.5 °C
333 to 1200 ± 0.0075*[t]°C
- IEC Colour Code
- BS Colour Code
- ANSI Colour Code